1. the fine art of measuring and shaking to make gifts in a jar. We did this one:
About This Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups M&M’s plain chocolate candy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix baking soda and baking powder with flour.so you can add flour mixture into one layer.
- Layer ingredients in order given into a wide-mouth. Press each layer firmly so it will all fit in the jar.
- Attach these instructions to your gift.
- Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl.Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add 1 stick butter or margarine, very soft. (please do not use diet).
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Mix until completely blended. you will need to finish mixing with your hands as this is stiff.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts.
- Place 2″ apart on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375° for 12-14 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
2. Computer game: 1st grade, reader rabbit.
Learning how to add numbers, learning first and last parts of words and such like. Did he learn much? not sure, but he had fun and had to figure things out as he went along.
3. Trusting God to get us home safely.
had some scary moments travelling around in a winter storm.
Listening and following instruction is always a good thing to do. He had, as usual, a really good time.