Art, it’s a wonderful part of the life don’t you find? Today I am focusing on visual arts like drawing, painting, sculpting and what not. Things you look at and make with your hands, feet or mouth. 🙂 Not everyone does art the same way do they? So if you want to learn art, here are some places to go.
Art for Elementary School
- Visit The Met’s Timeline of Art history for art stories, history and art pieces.
- National Art Gallery has a kids art zone. Projects for children.
- Deep Space Sparkle – Art lessons divided by level, subject and technique.
- KinderArt has all sorts of art projects for kindergarten and up.
- Happiness is Homemade has 36 lessons for the school year.
- Art to Remember has all sorts of interesting projects to try.
- Art Projects for Kids – blog posts with art projects for children.
- Kids art. Art projects and lessons.
- Jerry’s Artarama. 2000 free video art Lessons.
- Scrapcoloring online might intrigue your students.
- Toy Theatre lets you play around with art, and sometimes math.
- Aminah’s World has a real world abstract feel to it.
Art for Middle School
- Check out The Incredible Art Department for an extensive list of middle school art projects.
- KinderArt also has middle school art projects.
- The Virtual Instructor has art for middle school and high school.
- At Bomomo they can experiment with abstract art.
Art For High School
- Dick Blick has a variety of lesson plans and projects for students to engage in.
- high school art lessons on youtube covers a wide variety of topics.
- KinderArt isn’t just for littles, has highschool as well.
- Kosmic Dreams has a few lessons.
Book Reviews you might want to check out
I adore the 642 Things to draw series. I’ve reviewed a few of them and think they are fantastic for inspiring conversation and imagination over an art prompt idea. You will find one review here. And another here. Grab up a couple of drawing pages, sit down and draw. Talk about how an art prompt inspired you. Laugh, be amazed, and just draw.
Draw, Print, Paint like the Great artists continues to be a favourite of mine. And this Zentangles book made for a really fun class at HOPE days that I would happily do again. I had a series of How to Draw books that we used for ideas when stuck. Fine Art Adventures was a great book as well that we have used. You must check out this Doll Crafts book as well. So many great ideas for making dolls! Don’t fail to check out the Get into Art Places book. These are just a few of the great books I’ve been honoured to review.
If you want to learn art, there are so many ways to do so. 🙂
SchoolhouseTeachers has over 20 art classes as well as many art components mixed into her other courses. Some of the teachers are Art Achieve, Jan Bower, Everyday Easels, Inkscape and Studio for Teens. Do check out their amazing deal. $5 for a month of art? Videos and on-line lessons. Access wherever you go. It’s a great deal eh? Get all your school needs met in one place.
And do some art!