February was a good month for getting some books read. I hardly know where to start!
Books read with the lad
– Haunted Canada – a series that the lad loves and I need to take a break from. Spooky stories from around Canada about paranormal activity in Canada.
Fiction book based on the life of Jesus and people’s thoughts about what a redeemer would be all about. Hard times learning the truth, and seeing a new way. I loved this book as a child, and now my boy loves it too. 🙂
The lad and I have enjoyed all the books in this series.
This one focused on the tropical Rainforest habitats that are found all over the world.
Great images contained within.
Lots of information of a variety of plants, animals and more.
Scene is the Israelites in the desert. Story of a girl with her family, just a great story that had my lad so intrigued.
Recommended reading. 🙂
This book was not quite what I expected, written for a younger age group as a reader/study book.
When I asked my lad if I should put it away and pull out something different he refused. He wanted me to read it to him anyways. He found it interesting to learn what wheat becomes and how oil refineries work even in a simple terms.
C is for Canada.
A great picture book for a first introduction to Canada.
Books read on his own:
He’s learning who some of the important people of Canada are.
Good stuff us Canadians have done.
He’s working through another book right now
The lad continues to work through the warrior cat series by Erin Hunter.
Books read as reviews
- Armstrong & Charlie. Friendship between cultures.I liked this book.
- 642 Things About Me. Authors and Artists draw and write through yourself.
- A Dog’s Purpose. A dog and it’s many lives…pros and cons to this one.
- Jack London and the Klondike Gold Rush. Good book.
- Earth-Space Colouring Book. Interesting style to this colouring book.
- Same Kind of Different as Me. Picture book.
- The Painting-In Book. Art book for youngsters
- One Last Word. Cool book on poetry.
I’ve read a couple books this month but failed to write down what they were (been too busy lately)! Man!!!! (frustrated about that) I’ve taken up reading through three non-fiction books and posting on them once a week (I’ve missed this week and will hopefully catch up with weekend).
I’ve recently started reading “Shepherd, Potter, Spy and Star Namer”. It’s a good book. Looking forward to finishing it. 🙂