I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. :) Click here to go to my disclosure policy.
Romans 16 today, takes the whole chapter in hand, thought I’d let you listen to it today. 🙂
Did you notice something?
Paul commends a few of people to them.
- Phoebe – a woman deaconess from Cenchreae church. Asking the people receive her well and to help her.
- Priscilla and Aquilla. People who risked their lives for Paul.
See also his greetings:
- The church meeting at the house of Priscilla and Aquilla
- Epenetus – First Asian convert
- Maey – who works hard for them
- Andronicus and Junia – fellow imprisoned Jews, fellow believers
- Ampliatus – a friend in the Lord
- Urbanus – coworker
- Stachys – a dear friend
- Apelles – faithfulness to the Lord
- The household of Aristobulus
- Herodian – a fellow Jew
- The household of Narcissus who believe in God
- Tryphena and Tryphosa – Hard working women for the Lord
- Persis – another hard working woman for the Lord
- Rufus – chosen of the Lord
- Rufus’ mother – acted as mother to Paul
- Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas and the other brothers and sisters with them.
- Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas and all the Lord’s people who are with them
Paul bids them “great one another with a holy kiss” and then reminds them of all those churches that send greetings to them.
Paul takes his time to commend them for their obedience, but warns them not to be caught up in divisions…for that distracts them from the gospel. Watch out for people seeking to cause division because they are trying to put things in their way.. teachings that are different from what they have been taught as believers.
Seems to be we need to take this warning seriously today. Look at all the divisions in the church. How many of them distract us from the true gospel? Have we become fooled by smooth talk? Let us then be wise about what is good. Let us then be innocent about what is evil. Be mindful!
For remember his important fact: The God of Peace will soon crush Satan under their feet. God will use the feet of his people to put Satan in his place.
Oh… I read that and I feel stunned. I know that God already won the battle against Satan… but HEAR this words. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. Amazing isn’t it?
Greetings are then sent to us from people: Timothy, Lucius, Jason and Sosipater, Tertius (who wrote the letter for Paul), Gauis (hospitality) Erastus and Quartus.
Oh.. I like these words don’t you? A clear benediction to the people of Rome eh?
25 Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from[f] faith— 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.
Oh but these words remind us eh? How the bible is used to help bring Gentiles to the obedience of the faith. Written to help that happen. Wow…and that is what we can study today in our quest to know God more. Good, very good stuff.