- 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby peas, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
Modification: I did not use the eggs or the paprika. Used miracle whip instead of mayo. Didn’t have any sweet onion so used regular onion chopped very finely. Used Penne as that’s what I had on hand.
- Bring a large pot of
lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender,
about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- In a large bowl, stir
together the macaroni, tuna, celery, onion and peas. Mix in the
mayonnaise, relish, salt and pepper. Garnish with egg wedges and a
sprinkle of paprika. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Hubby said “I like it. It’s a good salad hun.”
Me: I like it.
Son… has yet to be convinced that trying it would be okay.