I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. :) Click here to go to my disclosure policy.
Getting in interesting products to review is always a fun thing to do. And this one is a FUN one. Imagine having a fun way to present the gospel to children, in a way that is non-threatening and provides a double benefit? Is There Anything Better Than Candy? Box-Tract, produced by Let the Little Children Come come is one such a product, it comes as a ready made halloween tract.
How did we use it?
My lad and I made up three of them at a time, we took them with us on our weekly trips to the foodbank. This was our main way of using them. I also brought them along to a homsechool get-together and some of the teens put a few together to give to siblings.
I was amazed at the amount of candy I could fit in and there was even room to spare! Chocolate, taffy, caramels, peppermints and more!
- It holds a good amount of candy, I was surprised how much fit in and I still had room to spare.
- In making them with a couple of young teens I discovered there was a bit of a learning curve in how to put it together and fill it. Some got the idea quicker than others, but once the pattern was learned, each pumpkin thereafter went easily.
- It holds a good message, I loved that the message included a prayer. A nice message for doing child evangelism.
- I can see a variety of ways to make use of these little pumpkins. They are big enough you could put in a small baked good (tartlets/cookies/donut holes) and bring them along to nursing homes, siblings can give to younger sibs, kids can use them as a surprise for their folks, as rewards at a harvest festival or Hallowe’en party, your imagination is the only limit.
- How can you share the gospel with children in your life?
Comments from parents:
“This would be a fun craft before Hallowe’en with my girls club”
“Oh, that’s such a cute idea!”
“Can I put one together? Are they hard to do? Oh! That’s easy enough and oh.. they hold quite a lot don’t they?!”
Comments from children:
“Mommy look! It’s a pumpkin!”
“MOMMY I gots a chocolate!”
“Can I have one mom? Please?”
“Can I make one for the girl my mom babysits?”
US$ 15.95 (1 – 10 packs)
US$ 14.95 (11 – 20 packs)
US$ 13.95 (21 packs or more)
Reviewed for: The Homeschool Review Crew
Social Media Links:
©2006-2017 A Net In Time. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. A Net In Time . We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites