OOH… this challenge is an EASY one. Things that make me smile.
- God. His grace to me is unmeasured. Blows me away all the time. His total unmeasured grace, which I mostly receive graciously. There are times I don’t, when I fight and rail and want to go my own way. But his grace calls me back time and time and time again. It is good and it makes my heart smile.
- My man! Seriously.. there are times he drives me completely insane (not in a good way) but if I took that out he wouldn’t be the man that I love and cherish would he?
3. My son. He’s become a smart-alecky teenager. He has a huge heart, and a willingness to serve. A growing weed with an innate kindness to him. By no means perfect, but a solidly good kid.
4. Bunnies! Anyone who knows me know how much bunnies make me smile. My most recent litter is pictured below. They have me a bit concerned due to some size issues with new mom problems. But so far so good! But watching babies grow…and then later seeing smiles of delight from new bunny owners.
Tonight I chatted with a gal who is new to breeding bunnies who is well-versed in genetics and a zookeeper to boot! We had a good talk about how to work the modifiers to get what she wants to get out of her buns. It’s good to talk bunnies you know?
Tea, books and weight loss
5. My cold tea diffuser. I use it all the time. Love it. Toss in dry tea leaves, or even tea bags and a couple hours later I have tea! The simplicity of making tea makes me smile. Good taste, lots of variety, and it’s pretty to look at as I drink it! 🙂 I thought I’d written a post about my cold tea diffuser, but apparently I only have one for my hot tea diffuser! (It makes me smile too!)
6. Books! What can I say, books are fun, interesting, and fill my mind with thoughts and images. Most recently I am listening to The Rose and the Thorn. I just picked up The German Heiress which intrigues as a different take on post-WW2 Germany.
7. This last one is a bit harder to share but hey! Sunday I went through my “clothes are too small to wear bin” and guess what!!!! 2/3’s of them fit me again! WOOT WOOT! I came down smiling “Guess what hun! I don’t have to go shopping! Clothes fit again!!!!” It’s been too long since they have fit so it’s good. Smiles, smiles, smiles. 🙂 It makes it so much easier to do everything when you carry less weight you know? The joints don’t hurt as much, it’s easier to bike and walk. Did you know I was able to bike up a hill tonight and NOT HAVE TO WALK UP! How wonderful is that?!?!?!! Makes me smile through and through.
How about you?
So tell me…. what makes YOU smile? Have you written anything? If so, drop a link below. If not… just share in the comments, it’s good to know the heart joys of other people.