Three questions that can be asked of any painting:
1. What is it a picture of?
2. What does the picture mean?
3. What meaning might this picture have for the viewer’s life?
You might faciliate a discussion within which students consider these questions.
Ask students to imagine that they are inside of this painting.
- What would it feel like to exist within the painting.
- What feelings would they have?
- What thoughts would they have?
(You could also ask students to develop dramatic presentations in which they answered these questions.)