I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. :) Click here to go to my disclosure policy.
I really liked the dough in this recipe, hopefully they taste as good as the recipe was to make. Just so you know… THEY DID!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour(I used one whole wheat, one white)
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 cups all-purpose flour(I used one whole wheat and almost 2 white)
- fine grated cheddar cheese
- Stir together 2 cups
flour and the yeast, add in sugar
and salt. In a separate bowl, heat milk, water, and oil heat to lukewarm in microwave.(in my microwave took 3 minutes). Add all at once to the flour mixture,
and beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Use a mixer.
- Mix in enough flour to
make a soft dough, 2 to 3 cups. Mix well. Dust a flat surface with
flour, turn dough out onto floured surface, and let rest under bowl for
about 10 minutes. I kneaded it for a minute before letting it rest.
- Shape dough into 12 slightly flat balls, and place on greased baking sheet to rise until doubled in size. Made enough for 12 flat buns and a bunch of little rolls.
- I added cheese to the little rolls once they had risen
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
I keep trying to make cheese buns like what I can buy in the store with cheese that you pull apart and taste ever so yummy. Hoping these will do the trick.
The boy (age 11) devoured, “adding they need more cheese, and better than the store mom”
Hubby said “good buns hun, better than store bought”
Me: Enjoyed them.. both with and without cheese, though the ones without cheese seemed a tad flat (probably cause I made them smaller than they should have been)