March Break is on deck and I don’t know about where you are, but school has been cancelled for two weeks after to act as a buffer zone. With COVID-19 running around, the government wants precautions taken to ensure any transmission is kept to minimums. To that end, I know that parents are looking for ways to keep their children busy during this extended break. I hope to be helpful by listing some extra resources that companies are offering to help during this time.
Amazing Educational Resources has put together database to help keep these companies organized.
My favourite resources from this list are
- Curriki which has lessons for k-12, some of which looks fascinating.
- DeltaMath which I haven’t fully explored but intrigues me.
- Computer Science Academy is one that I sent to my son to explore. He’s quite interested in learning computer sciences so I’m hoping this will be something he’ll work on.
- CK-12. We’ve used some of their textbooks before, it’s nice to see they have a website as well.
- ChemMatters. We’ll make good use of this site in another year or two.
Other Resources Available
Over the past year I’ve put together a number of posts with free links in a number of subject areas.
- Foreign Languages
- Learn to code
- Financial Literacy.
- Physical Education.
- How to HomeSchool without boxed curriculum.
- Devotionals for Teens.
- Want to Learn art?
- Want to learn Keyboarding?
- Elementary Science.
- Engineering for HighSchool.
Links from other Bloggers
Captivating Compass put together a lovely list.
Raising Royalty listed online apps and games.
Teach Me I’m Yours has 218 kindergarten resources.
Witty Hoots has a number of free resources.
The biggest thing though, with this extra time off from school. It’s Great to have extra resources to offer your children to keep them busy. The best thing though, give them you and your time. Read together, watch movies, give your house a thorough spring clean, do whatever you need to. Just make memories, spend time together, and enjoy the break from the rush of life.
SchoolhouseTeachers.com is having a sale. It’s an amazing start. A full curriculum for k-12, interactive elements, variety in courses. My affiliate link will take you to a site that will satiate the most curious of your children. Let them explore, let them learn!
Others in this Series
- Add in your life.
- Edmund Burke, philosopher.
- Clarity in Writing.
- Deep Runs the Well.
- Ease of Consistent Schedules.
- Fantastic Ways to learn History.
- Going Through Browswer Tabs.
- Hiding the Unknown.
- Invested in Health.
- William James, philosopher.
- Key books for Middle School.
- Looking for Picture Books.
- Making Facebook Easier.
- New Direction.
- Online Homeschool Conference.
- Studies in Philippians.
- Reading Aloud with Teens.
- Science Equipment fails.
- Turkey Vegetable Soup.
- Understanding Deuteronomy.
- Evening Basket Time.
- When Field Trips are out of Reach.
- Extra Resources for Time Off.