Did you know that Saturday was Hallowe’en? We had three people stop in ALL young men just wanting candy. They had plans to donate the candy received to others. Just young men having fun with purpose. You could tell they had planned it all out. It was good to see them. Definitely slow. Just like these young men, making plans for things rather matters. The crew has given us this challenge of listing out our November plans. I’m not really a planner. I’m not. So I find these challenges rather hard. I’ll go simple this time around I think! 🙂
Update On August Goals
My goals for the new year where somewhat varied. So how am I doing with them?
- Support my son in his schooling. The high school decided to do two courses at a time. My son is taking one course at the high school per semester so it seemed wise to follow the same format. Ergo I looked at his chosen course load and helped him figure out what he needed to accomplish weekly to finish on time. A weekly check-in is all he’s needing at this point, occasionally some points of clarification along the way.
- Produce something: well I haven’t actually written anything, or made any courses. But I have done a lot of reading. One that I am taking my time with is Why Trust the Bible? Excellent reading on why we can actually trust the bible.
- The unspoken goal: I did really well with before vacation. Since then I’ve kinda stagnated. I am working at getting myself back into a good routine. Busyness of the fall isn’t helping but I’ve gotten a TON of things done this week which will help tons.
Continuing Goal Update
- Rabbitry news: I purchased three new buns to help with long-term goals. I rescued a few and helped them find new locations. I didn’t replace the sides since lumber is super expensive right now. But I did get my trays painted. Time will tell long-term if that helped or not.
- Help Hubby: well, he hasn’t started on his basement room yet. Instead, he decided to build a small shed outside. He’s making good progress on it, building it out of pallets he gets from work.
- Part-time job: I’ve applied for a few jobs, been called in for interviews (yay!), and even got offered one job… and thought it was all set and then they decided to change the hours. That didn’t work for me so it didn’t pan out. I’m not too worried. If God wants me to have a job, it’ll pan out.
- The newsletter thing: well, I haven’t really figured that out yet. Again, busyness and family commitments have taken their toll.
What’s Kept Me Busy?
Turning over gardens, replanting garden, moving plants around for the winter, moving the rabbit gardens etc. It’s a busy time of raking leaves, and moving planters around for the winter. This year I picked up a cover for our outdoor chairs.
Every year I need to tidy up the rabbitry in preparation for winter. Finding spots for all the oddball pieces, or new equipment I picked up. Storing tarps, trays, feed, etc. Everything needs to fit just so. In the summer I can spread things out a bit, but in the winter all my usable space is reduced as much as possible. Often times my rabbitry clean up doesn’t happen until my November plans. I’m glad to have it done earlier than that! 🙂
Do I have new goals to put on my plate? Not really. I’ll continue working on my original goals. 🙂 Sunday morning in church I was thinking, “oh, it’s NaNoWriMo month perhaps I can use that as inspiration!” I suppose time will tell eh? 🙂
How about you? Do you like to make plans or are you more flexible since you don’t like plans being broken? Are you making new November plans or carrying on with ones you’ve made already?